Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Vday!

Today is valetine's day and its going to be 67 degrees!!! You better believe im breaking out the flip flops!  Its supposed to be a littel cold tomorrow but be above 50 degrees everyday after that.  Im so ready for the warm weather!  It snowed friday.  It was pretty but im over it. 

I was so happy to be a dancer now at work but then i was sent a text wednesday that Im only working one night a week.  I was supposed to be work at least 2 sometimes 3.  Very frustrating.  But a friend of matts is going to see if he can hook me up with a bartending job in norfolk.  I worked saturday and it was a lot of fun.  Really good work out too!  Im still sore!  It was weird though because random people were taking pictures or would ask if they could take pictures.  So you may see me on some random persons facebook. 

I think virginia has the highest percentage of vanity plates.  I see them all the time.   I rememeber seeing one that said PRTYNKD.  Party naked.  Im pretty sure their not allowed to do that but it was still funny.  I saw one the other night while driving home from school that said SXCGRL.  Sexy girl.  I was intrigued to see if she lived up to her license plate.  When i passed her i saw that she was the complete opposite.  I actually thought it was a man at first which made me giggle but it was indeed a very unsexy woman.  I wanted to get vanity plates too.  But the one i wanted was already used : BCHBUM.  beach bum :)  I couldnt think of any good alternatives either that werent used already.

Im getting closer to my surgery date.  Plane ticket is bought, my moms working on seeing if her timeshare will work there.  My mom is going with me to help me.  I told her 2 weeks ago that no matter what happens, we will still go to FL and enjoy ourselves if something falls through with the surgery.  Really, i'll be devastated if that happens.  Today is the day that decides if i will be happy or sad on this trip.  But on a positive note, my grandmom is going to fly over (she lives in central FL) so were going to get to spend some time with just the girls.  I wish i could bring the babies with me though!  Im going to have to go 6 days without them!!! Ive never even been a night without them!!  I will probably cry :(

I also wanted to add a little PSA (public service announcement).  I thought about this on my very long drive home from maryland saturday as i had to drive on the road with people who were completely incapable of driving.  If there is more than one lane for your direction of driving, there is a FAST lane and a SLOW lane.  The speed limit is considered SLOW.  I understand this is not what the law states but lets be realistic, this is how it is.  So if at anytime you are driving in the fast lane and see someone coming up behind you obviously driving faster than you, be curteous and move over.  The worst thing to do is to stay in the lane and when they try to pass you, you speed up so they cant get in front of you.  Youre a freaking asshole if you do this.  I had this happen to me multiple times on saturday.  I dont get it.  Yeah, i know sometimes that you dont realize how slow you are going.  But you dont speed up enough to where the person cant get in front of you.  Also, refrain from random slamming on your brakes.  This causes way too much traffic and a lot of car accidents.  Your stupid random brake slamming can cause miles of unneccessary traffic.  And finally, if you are too afraid to drive the posted speed limit, let someone else drive.  I had a minivan in front of me going 45mph....in the fast lane.  The speed limit was 70mph.  This also causes car accidents.  Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment